Saturday, November 25, 2006

Have you seen


the cord that connects the camera to the computer? No? How about this Old Finished Object? This little mousie was part of a set of baby gear I made for my ex-coworker Jeanne's baby shower. It all started with the Petal Bib from One Skein. I actually had 2 skeins, so I added a hat, some booties, and then there was still some leftover. That became the mouse. It was the mouse that impressed people (non-knitters) at the shower. Yet it was the easiest, least mentally involved part of the whole ensemble. I've got to admit that it has a certain charm. The baby was a girl named Victoria Jeanne. I met her once and she, too, is charming. Here's the complete ensemble.


The Facts of the Matter
Pattern: Bib: Petal Bib from One Skein by Leigh Radford. Everything else: no patterns.
Yarn: Rowan Handknit Cotton. 2 skeins from a sale grabbag from Ruhama's
Needles: size 3 or 4
What I Learned: relearned knitted on i-cord for the bib ties.
Regrets: I might begin using elastic or elasticized yarn for bootie ties. It seems more comfortable.

No comments: