Monday, September 15, 2008

Kitty with Cat

Teddy napping on Kitty Pi number 2. I only had to hold him down on it for a minute or so. When I let go he stayed. This is a first. He did feel compelled to knead and mash down the whole front edge first, but it's a start.

In baby knitting news, I've got a couple, two three things started, but nothing's going that well. I've got 3 babies due in October and one in November all unknitted for. I'd better get going on something. I've got 2 projects that I felt at one time would definitely be completed, but now one seems too ambitious and the other seems too ugly. I did finish a couple of bibs, but they are actually for babies for whom I've already completed my knitting.

In random knitting news, I've made a very good short row heel on a purse sock. (Purse sock=simple sock kept in purse for unexpected knitting opportunities) It only took me 2 tries. The first try I did in public and seriously almost made it, but screwed up on the 2nd to last purl pick up. What seems to work for me is two things. One is that I always pick up the wraps/work the stitch from the public side. The second is how the stitch is wrapped. It's wrapped twice and each must be wrapped from both sides. So for the first wrap I've been bringing the yarn around the stitch and then pulling it between the needles to the opposite side of the knitting and for the second wrap I've been bringing the yarn between the needles to the opposite side of the work before I bring the yarn around the stitch. It's what works for me.

I got a new purse/bag from E-Bay and finally knit a little case for my cell phone that stays on the strap. I was actually able to answer the phone before it went to voice mail when it rang today.

I'm about to post this with just one picture and no links because of my experience yesterday losing my finely crafted, potentially prize-winning post yesterday. If it works I'll at least have this. Then maybe I'll add links and some more pics.

2 comments:

Batty said...

So cute! And... it's actually in use! That's amazing.

Molly Bee said...

Awww poor kitty has Dunlops disease! He done lops over the side of his new bed! :-) Quishing and kneading is a very good sign. Bet this becomes his new favorite thing!