Sunday, December 06, 2009

That Guy

I made a lot of progress for a while. I had mucho trouble getting the arms positioned correctly. I decided it was time to be satisfied with what I had. I tried a number of things to make the claws and got nowhere, but then John, the crocheter from Saturday morning knitting, figured out how I could do the claws. I read a few online tutorials about how to sew on doll hair. The next thing to do was to trim it. I didn't like it. Then I split each piece of yarn in half. This resulted in a slightly curly, full afro. I suppose that would have been ok, except that the yarn is all falling apart and gets all over and doesn't stop coming off in little piles. That yarn was Cascade 220 superwash. Now I've borrowed some black sock yarn from Lauren from Monday night knitting. That will be thin, but still hold together. When I remove the old hair and add the new, I'll just have the face and horns.

4 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

That's a lot of fiddly knitting. Good for you for sticking it out!

lmilner said...

Like!!

Bezzie said...

Doll hair is the worst. Can't wait to see your final Max.

Elizabeth said...

I like it. I wonder if you would do well to avoid the superwash yarns for the hair... Maybe you need the grab that non-superwash wools give.