This next project has grown on me. I started it quite a while ago. It's somewheres in the blog archives. I set it aside (euphemistically speaking) because I thought it was uggggggggg-ly! I unearthed it and dusted it off a few weeks ago. I added about 4 more inches all the way around. The last rounds I bought more yarn for, just to get closing colors. I'm happy with the size and the ending. I have plenty more Peaches N Sugar N Cream in the stash, but trying to get colors next to each other that are pleasing takes a toll on us sensitive types. It is perfectly baby blanket sized and has the right feeling of weightiness. I have 2 possible candidates for giftees, but a whole lot of ends still to weave. They are on the other side. Here is my main project right now. I want to finish by March 29th, hence the near monogamy. Guess what it is. Nope, not a set of willy warmers nor banana keepers. They are in fact socks. When people see me knitting and ask what I am knitting/crocheting, I enjoy telling them that it's the other sock, which it is. The pattern is Spring Forward from Knitty. I've been wanting to make this pattern since I saw a pair knit up in person by the great mystery, the most reluctant blogger of all, Seiding. This pair is really a pair, not 2 different designs in the same yarn. That decision is because these socks are not for me. They are for my best work friend, for whom I have never knit. The yarn came first, then the pattern. I chose this yarn because I think it will go with her eyes. It is KnitPicks Imagination, which has 5o% merino wool, 25% alpaca, 25% nylon. It's nice and soft and just a leetle fuzzy. I'm hoping it wears well. The color is Looking Glass, but doesn't match the picture on the site very well. I don't think it will go as well with my friend's eyes, but it's still rilly, rilly pretty. I'm not mad. I have more and would like to make a scarf and hat and maybe fingerless gloves.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
What has become of them.
The whitish crepe-like affair illustrated below is what became of the little pyramid from an earlier post. After much and much and then some more rippage, followed by multiple froggings, I have what I would like to think is a square for an afghan. It's very overworked and overwrought and, I am admitting, somewhat circular. It's journey to completion is not over. The next step will be wet blocking. Then we'll see.