Thursday, July 04, 2013

Star Hats

I've knit a whole lot of stuff since last I blogged.  I've even a completed some.  Here are the ones I've photographed.  These are hats for Camp Happy Times. (Good video.)  Camp Happy Times brings kids ages 5 to 21 years old together.  The kids all have, or have had, cancer.  One special memory is camp hats.  There is a new theme for the hats every summer.  This year's theme is Stars.  All the hats are made (sewn, knit, crocheted) by volunteers.  Each camper can choose 2 caps, one themed and one unthemed.  Here are the ones I'm sending along.  It's not too late.  They can accept hats up to July 15, 2013.   

Camp Happy Times Campaign
Halos of Hope
P.O. Box 1998
Arlington Heights, IL 60006-1998


 Hat one:  Comet Crossing the Moon Hat: 2 strands superwash fingering weight held together.  Dale Baby Ull and Lanett.  Crewel work, various washable yarns.  Size large.
 
Hat two:  Stripes and Stars Hat:  Regia Crazy Colors 6-ply superwash, Glittery fabric glue star at peak, polar fleece stars appliqued with gold Sulky machine embroidery thread.  I think it's mylar.  Size medium.
 
Hat three:  Sun Hat:  Picture does not do this justice--couldn't capture how it glows.  Various fingering yarns and unplied worsteds, held double, all superwash wool.  Size small-medium.
 
 Hat four: This is OPK (Other People's Knitting).  This is Terri Minkin's unthemed contribution.  Washable acrylic.  Sizes small to large.  Super stretchy and soft.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Agree, these are more lovely in person.
Especially the comet embroidery!

anglophile said...

Oh, I wish I had gotten to see the sun hat.

Molly Bee said...

Awesome hats Dude! I especially like the star one and the comet one!

kathy b said...

Fantastic cause. Great beautiful hats