Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Stitch N Pitch

Stitch N Pitch
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Miller Park, Milwaukee
Brewers vs. Mets
Final: Brewers over Mets 3-2, 12 innings.

This is Flora. Flora owns French Knots II in Bayside, one of Milwaukee's northshore burbs. She is my lys owner even though there is another closer, larger yarn shop. I bought 2 tickets for Stitch N Pitch night at Miller Park from Flora. Flora brought goodie bags for the French Knots group. Among other things, the bags had a set of #8 bamboo straights and a ball of Louet worsted wool yarn. Mine was light blue. My partner in crime's was brown.

My companion for the game was my friend/honorary grandma/honorary mom, Grandma Lil. Grandma Lil was interviewed by a reporter who somebody sent over because of Grandma Lil's being old. She is a big baseball fan and apparently the other stitchers interviewed were not. The gist of the article in the paper was about the non-sports mindedness of the knitters and one other fan's negative reaction toward that. Grandma Lil was thrown in at the end as an afterthought. We were all disappointed with the article, but not with the experience. We stayed for all 12 innings.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Cool moon picture!

I haven't been to a baseball game in about 25 years! I might enjoy it more with knitting...

Great camping with you! I hope you dried out ok.