Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Handdyed, Handspun, Handknit Handy Socks

With Kitties! Teddy insisted I shoot him though a pair of nylons and from a certain side. I can't say that he doesn't know art photography. Musette just wanted to know when I was planning to refill the dish. I can't really fault her because there was an iota of dish bottom peeking out from beneath several layers of crunchies.










I knit these for my cyber fiber buddy, Sue, aka Seiding. There's a link to her blog over on the right. I'm not going to link it here in the body of the post because she is a naughty, naughty, terrible, no good, very bad blogger. She's so recalcitrant that I had to change her blog's name to "The Overly Reluctant Blogger."

I am naming these socks, which is something of which I don't often do, but it's too hard to describe them otherwise with any grace at all. Thus they are the Handy Socks owing to the fact that they are Handknit, Handspun, and Handdyed. Together, Sue and I dyed the merino roving at the Hot Rainbow Dye class at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival in 2006. Sue spun the wool and I knit the socks. See below some of the other yarn we dyed and Sue spun.

The top yarn is half used up in a pair of wristwarmers. I've earmarked the purply stuff as socks for me. Writing this -----OH MY GOSH! A guy on American Idol is singing Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen and it's really good, although truncated. Too bad that guy got voted off. C'est la vie. Whew!

2 comments:

Batty said...

...and don't forget, they're cat-approved, too! Cat-approved is very important.

Love the socks. They're really made "from scratch" -- beautiful.

Sue, aka seiding said...

They are my favorite so far of my hand-knit socks. :)