Thursday, January 05, 2012

Sprite Collar

I am very happy with this puckery Packery cowl.  It is a much altered version of the pattern, Sprite Collar by Lynn DT Hershberger from KnitCircus #16 Winter 2011-12. I added a lot of repeats and just went straight from beginning to end for about 12 inches.  I am hemming and hawing about whether or not to block it.  I kind of like the reverse side, too.  I also just completed another one on which I followed the pattern, so you'll get to see it done right also. 
      I'm still getting over the trauma from when KnitCircus went from print format to become an e-zine.  However, I know where this one is, unlike printed items that I may or may not be able to lay my hands on at any given moment. And bonus!--the cat can't  access it (like my opened original Harmony stitch pattern book upon which the cat yakked recently).  It is also a good value in that it is FREE to read.  If you decide to make one of the patterns, it is one price for all of the patterns. You can also get a paid pattern collection subscription, which is what I have.  Whenever a new issue comes out, I get an e-mail with the link and an e-mail with the patterns attachment.  I've gone through a lot of computers in the last 2 or 3 years, and haven't managed to bring all my files along.  I had been saving the pattern download on my hard drive and deleting it from my e-mail, but since I have g-mail, my space is basically unlimited, so I am also going to save all the issues there as well as on my hard drive (yes, I know about backups--plumbingwise, trafficwise, and datawise.  I only regularly participate in the first 2).  I was living in the past where you have to keep cleaning out your e-mail because you keep running out of space.
        Every single issue has wonderful patterns, both fanciful ones and practical ones.  Can't beat that. 

1 comment:

Batty said...

Happy, colorful cowl! Cowls scrunch up around one's neck anyway, it doesn't look puckery. Or if it does, I can't tell.