Wednesday, October 03, 2012

I seems like only yesterday

that I last posted. 

Many things have been knit and made clean get-aways without being photographed. Here are some of the ones whose images I managed to capture.

 Doesn't this look like Giant Undies at an art gallery?  It's a shawl.  The pointy ends are folded around to the other side of the foam core.  It's a present for Beth, but she had to block it.  She likes the holes, so she blocked it large. 

The yarn is Schaefer Marjaana in the Bette Davis color.  50/50 wool/silk. The pattern is This is Spinal Wrap from Ravelry.
 
 Fingerless Mitts for Mitts of STEAL group on Ravelry.  It's a group who knits fingerless gloves for people undergoing kidney dialysis.  STEAL is some kind of syndrome that makes their hands cold during the process.  You can read more about it by following the link.  My dad was on dialysis for the last 2 or 3 years of his life.  I need to a) mail these off to the group or 2) find a dialysis center in Milwaukee where they can be put to good use.

No pattern.  The yarn is some of my stash of 6-ply Regia crazy colors.




These mittens are out of yarn spun by Sue and dyed by us in a class we took at Wisconsin Sheep and Wool a few years ago.  It was called Hot Rainbow Dye.  This "colorway" came about after we were done with the rainbow part and were just putzing around.   No pattern. 100% merino. 

It's just a coinkydinky that the next socks are also out of yarn handspun by Sue.  She obtained the roving from one of the new campers who came to knitting camp this past summer from Goldiemom, aka Leanne, of Handspun Treasures on Etsy.

 This is the beginnings of a pair of socks for myself.  I have completed one, but I am not enamored because the stitch pattern doesn't show that well.  I am considering ripping.  On the other hand I bought this specific 'spensive speckly yarn just for this project. 

The pattern is Spring Forward from Knitty and the yarn is Koigu.
 
These mittens are gigantor.  My friend Elizabeth has large hands, but I got carried away, especially in the area before the thumb.  She may try to felt them.  I should have taken them back and redone that part.  It wouldn't take long at all. Duh moment here. 

No pattern (obviously, but let's call them Shoveling Mittens) Some really big super bulky yarn.  Wool.  Brand unknown.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lots of lovely knitting!

jpknits said...

That's a lot of good knitting! Hope your fall is going well!