Saturday, December 16, 2006

Presents in Progress


I had to pop into Ruhama's the other day just to get the yarn on the left. It's Brown Sheep Company's Lamb's Pride Worsted, one of my all-time favorites. The color is called fuchsia, though I'd call it magenta. I'm making a pair of somethings to go with the long something that I knit Mrs. Somebody at work last year. It's becoming a set. I would've made a hat, but she's got this lush hair and doesn't wear hats. I thought about a headband, even a pretty one with cables or paisleys that would match the long something from last year. But you can't count on a person who won't wear a hat to wear a headband. Then I thought about mittens, but many are the folk, including me, who don't like to wear mittens. So somethings it is. I've got 4 somethings complete on one and 3.5 on the other. I used purl stitches to put an M on the left one and an H on the right. No reason. I'll wait til they're done to try and get a picture.

So I'm leaving Ruhama's, proud that I didn't stash enhance the Mission Falls wool at $45.00 a bag. I glance to the left at the over-priced Koigu and had to do a double take. It wasn't Koigu anymore. It was Collinette Jitterbug sock yarn from Wales about which I've been reading! Oh-my-effin-GOD! I kind of liked it. Hoo boy. I managed to escape with only 3 colors. It was $21.00 per skein, but I would've paid more because it's not going to last. It was tres difficil to choose. There is one shade that I keep thinking about. That is probably one that I need to go back and buy. I bought 1 skein for a certain other person. The red and purple will be socks for me one day. Lookee, lookee.


If I am diligent I will be able to finish the fuchsia somethings tonight and then can concentrate on Niko's Manly Sweater. I'm on the raglan part and have started the vee for the v-neck, but I think I need to go back and make a less steep decrease. I've been decreasing one on each side every other row. I think a decrease of one every other row will lead to a 45 degree angle. Combining the two will make a 90 degree angle. That is what I call too wide. Here's a pic of work in progress.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That yarn is sooo pretty!! No way in China I would've payed so much for it, though!:-P But that's just because I'm cheap.

Good luck on the somethings!

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, I may have to rush to Ruhama's before my 2007-no-new-yarn resolution takes effect. Wow.