Monday, July 02, 2007

Long Time Coming

I'm sorry for the lack of posting. I've been knitting, but haven't finished anything lately. I lost my camera. I tripped on a rock. The sun got in my eye. Yeah, you know the drill.

The true reason is sloth--laziness--indolence--apathy (the closest word to rhyme with Kathy)--neglect--sluggishness, so on and so forth. Anyway, I am trying a little to break out of it. Since I still don't know where my camera is, I've collected a few quotes on the subject of laziness. Please post your vote on the comments for the quotation I will post on the sidebar as the quote of the moment. I'll reward a randomly chosen voter with a lovely yarn destash. I've got a lot of wonderful yarn and I'm not saying what the prize will be, but who knows, it could be sock yarn
or it could be this:


or some of these
but probably not this:

Quote 1: The present generation, wearied by its chimerical efforts, relapses into complete indolence. Its condition is that of a man who has only fallen asleep towards morning: first of all come great dreams, then a feeling of laziness, and finally a witty or clever excuse for remaining in bed. ~Søren Kierkegaard

Quote 2: I like the word "indolence." It makes my laziness seem classy. ~Bern Williams

Quote 3: People who throw kisses are mighty hopelessly lazy. ~Bob Hope

Quote 4: Know the true value of time: snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no laziness, no procrastination; never put off till tomorrow what you can do today." ~Lord Chesterton

Quote 5: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy. ~Edgar Bergen

Quote 6: Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired. ~Edgar Bergen

7 comments:

LadyLungDoc said...

I like quote 6, if only because it puts me in the mood for a nice nap

Batty said...

I like 2. Indolence, right up there with somnolence. Nap time!

Sue, aka seiding said...

I'm for Quote 5. I'm anti-ambition!

Jenny said...

I'm also voting for #6. I've been feeling pretty tired lately.

Anonymous said...

If you have a difficult task, give it to someone lazy, that person will find an easier way to do it. (origin unknown -- too lazy to find out)

Anonymous said...

I could barely muster the energy to reply, but since I did I prefer Quote 2. It's pithy enough for us lazy types to get all the way to the end.

Andey Layne said...

I totally love #6.

I always tell people: "Lazy people are highly efficient. I'm very efficient."