Being as these were early socks, the bind off of the cuff (these are toe-up) was unyielding and a little tight to begin with. My skills have improved since then, so that my sock tops are quite forgiving and elastic now. The tight bind off combined with the felting made these babies almost impossible to get on without tearing the edge.
|The old bind off has been partially removed.|
I found some of the leftovers of the original yarn and rebound them. The hardest part was unraveling / unthatching / picking out the old bind off. It took almost an hour for both socks.
|Reclaimed Bind-Off Yarn|
|Close Up of the New Bind-Off|
Once I got that out, I worked three rows in the original ribbing pattern and bound off with Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off The link goes to Cat Bordhi's YouTube demonstration, but I looked up Jeny Stairman's YouTube page and Jeny had it there.
The new bind off is wonderfully flexible and accomodating. I can't wait to wear these again as soon as I put them in the wash. Though the weather might actually be
warm starting today.
|Progress on Nemesis|