Monday, October 09, 2006

OFO=Old Finished Object


This scarf, made in Spring, 2006, was inspired by the Rainbow Scarf pattern in Last Minute Knitted Gifts. It is 2 skeins of Noro Kureyon in contrastive colorways switching between skeins every 2 rows. I changed the stitch to one that was less yarn-thirsty. I also increased the number of stitches cast on. I wanted the scarf to be big enough for an adult. This is blocked. It is destined to be a present for Hanukkah or Christmas. I have 2 other skeins bought for the same purpose in more "manly" colors.
The scarf is posing on the rhubarb plant that grows in the alley next to the garage.

8 comments:

Amy said...

I like your scarf!

Steve P said...

Where is my lime green cardigan that you promised me. I will not take no for an answer, and I will freely use commas thank-you.,,,,,,

Sue, aka seiding said...

Nice, what non-yarn thirsty stitch pattern is that? The colors are great!

Kathy S. said...

To Steve P.
I sent you a link to pick out a color of yarn when it was on sale. You, failed, to, complete, the, assignment, Poor Steve,

Kathy S. said...

To Amy,
Thanks.

To Sue, aka seiding,
The stitch pattern was something like a 4-5 stitch basket weave with only two rows in each "square." I made sure that the skeins were alternated in the squares, rather than between squares.

Steve P said...

this blog is pretty cool but you know mine is cooler. It is meatisred.blogspot.com and any comment you post MUST be in the form of a haiku, and MUST be about meat.
toodle-oo

Jenny said...

Kathy, do you know this Steve person? I of course had to click on the blog link and I can't decide if I'm amused or alarmed.

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Yay! Jenny's back! Yes, I know him well. He happens to be a meat salesman which he fell into from being a very talented chef. Actually he has a degree in electronic engineering, but well, it goes that way sometimes. I'm afraid I inspired his blog, er, rather my blogging inspired him to blog.