Here is the blocking process illustrated.
1. I lowered the water level in the washer and washed this on the slowest wringer speed in warm. I let it spin and then put it in the dryer with a few other dry clothes (leftover from my last load) for about 10 minutes.
2. I pinned it out using all but about 6 of the pins you see on the pin holder.
3. It pinned out to 39 X 37.25 inches.
4. Enjoy staring at and examining your knitted object for a while. Try not to obsess about imperfections.
5. See how nicely it folded up. When I unpinned it the edges pulled in a little. I'd say the final measurements are approximately 35 X 37. Perfect size, I think.
6. Prepare for giving it away by putting it somewhere cat hair free until the time comes.